Important Message

Since I do not require you to sign up for an account to post on the website I do have a few rules:
1. No last names.
2. Make sure your name is on the post.
3. If you are a parent please put your name and your students' name.

4. No negative comments about other students.

I will DELETE posts and will not answer if you don't follow these rules.


Thank You,
Mr. Williams

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Start of a New Year

August 1, 2014

Dear 4th Grade Parents,

It is with great pleasure that I introduce myself to you as your student’s teacher for this school year.

I have been teaching for 10 years with the past 8 years at Roosevelt Elementary School, in Redwood City, CA teaching 5th Grade.  I grew up in San Carlos, CA, which is located in the San Francisco Bay Area halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. I attended Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo then went on to the University of San Diego where I majored in Diversified Liberal Arts with a Concentration in History.  I earned my teaching credential from Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, CA

I wasn't always sure that teaching was going to be my profession.  School was not always easy for me, but with determination, the desire to learn and good role models I challenged myself to become a good student and realized I had something to offer, the "fun of learning".  With my interest in technology I have created a technology rich classroom affording my students the opportunity to get a sampling of what the future holds for them in their education and beyond. My mission is to provide an effective classroom learning environment while making the process of learning engaging, challenging and most of all fun.  I strive to challenge my students to their full potential.  In doing so my students have won the Biz World Challenge the past two years. Just this last year I was honored to receive the J. Russell Kent Award from the San Mateo County School Boards Association for my Pencil Box News program.  This award is given to innovative and outstanding classroom programs. 

When I am not spending time teaching or prepping for class I enjoy all types of sports. I am a loyal fan of the San Francisco Giants, 49ers and Sharks and bits of my enthusiasm for these teams are visible in my classroom.  I enjoy golf and I am constantly striving to keep my drives straight and on the fairway.  I enjoy all forms of technology having built computers and components from scratch.  There isn't a technology issue I shy away from.  Bring it on!  

I have two brothers, two nieces, and a dog named Charlie and my iPod is full of country music.

I made the decision to move to the Chico-Oroville area as my family moved here just six years ago. Being a family person I decided to pursue a teaching position in the area and this lead me to accepting a position with STREAM. I am excited to be a part of this team that has worked so diligently over that past few years to bring this new and innovative school to this community for your students.

Being new to the area I have a lot to learn and look forward to contributing to our community.  Together we will make a difference in educating our students and watch them develop into productive adults.

I am looking forward to this year; getting to know the students; my colleagues; the parents; the community and most of all teaching and sharing a positive, productive, and fun classroom.  You will have the opportunity to keep up with what is happening in our classroom through my class website which can be located at www.schooldaystoday.com.  The website is currently being updated but please take a moment to browse the site to get an understanding of what you can expect.  As the school year progresses I hope you will find the site to be helpful and informative.

As we get close to August 12th, the first day of school, you will see that STREAM is transforming into a school environment.  Each classroom is a fresh pallet and I respectfully ask for your help.  Our greatest need is bookshelves for our class library along with cabinets for storage.  Donations of materials and helping hands would be greatly appreciated at this time.

I sincerely look forward to meeting each of you at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Monday, August 11th and if not on “Opening Day” on Tuesday, August 12th.
Should you have any questions or items to discuss now or through out the year please do not hesitate to contact me.  My contact information is below.

Thank you for welcoming me into the STREAM family and to provide your student with what I hope will be a great year for them.

Sincerely,


Jason M. Williams
Phone: (530) 534 - 1633


                        



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Williams, hope you are liking your new school! ~ Juan S. 2013-2014

Mr. J. Williams said...

I am liking my new school but do miss you all there. Have a great year and keep in touch.